Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 4

Yeah.... down exactly 1pound! haha I mean, that's not a huge step, but it's a step right?!?!

So I think I'm getting a cold, which I hope does not effect my outcomes and how my body looses.  I need to keep eating exactly as recommended, without missing anything! I'm just tired out and exhausted, so I may only work half a day today and go home and rest...... we'll see!

I'm feeling good in the sense that I'm not starvin marvin, but last night I did want a snack while watching the game.  I think the hardest part of this is going to be the mind games!  Ya know, when you're watching the game, or tv, and everyone else is snacking and munching, and drinking a beer and I can't..... so off to the kitchen for a glass of water, and some crystal light......

As I look at the menu, it seems like so much food.... they are full of flavor and should be great! I'm so excited to for dinner tonight, that's for sure!

My plans for food today are this:

FOOD:
Coffee..... I neeeeeed coffee today!
Water

1/2 apple for snack

Lunch:
Crunchy Apple Salad:
100 grams chicken cooked and diced
1 apple diced
3 stalks celery diced
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg
Dash of cardamom
Dash of salt
Stevia to taste
Wedge of lemon
Crumbled Melba Toast as Croutons

Mix ingredients together, sprinkle with stevia and cinnamon. Chill for 20
minutes. Serve with a wedge of lemon and enjoy. 
 Strawberries for afternoon snack

Dinner:
The boys caught some crappies this spring, so were gonna have those!  Instead of baking in oven, we are going to grill it! :)

Lemon Pepper Fish
100 grams of whitefish( CRAPPIE)
1-3 garlic cloves minced
Juice from ½ a lemon
¼ t. turmeric
¼ t. cumin powder
¼ t. salt
½ t. black pepper
In a bowl mix together the minced garlic, black pepper, salt, cumin, and turmeric. Dip the fish in the mixture, coating both sides of the fish. Cover and refrigerate to allow spices to marinate for 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake fish on non-stick pan/dish and cover with remaining marinade. Bake for about 15-20 minutes depending on the size of the fish. When the fish meat is flaking off remove from oven. Serve with lemon juice.

Veggie:
'Onion Rings'
80g sliced onion rings
1 grissini breadstick/melba toast
1 T skim milk (as allowed daily)
1/4 t cayenne pepper
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. In a bowl combine the milk, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and mix together. Grind grissini in food processor until it is a powder. (I use my coffee grinder.) Put grissini in a separate small bowl. Place rings in batter bowl and toss to coat fully. (It's best to use your hands here to ensure you coat each ring.) Let sit in batter 2-3 mins then toss again. Dip each ring into the grissini powder by hand. I find it works best to do these one at a time, rolling the ring in the grissini coating instead of tossing or shaking it on. Place on cookie sheet lined with non-stick aluminum foil. Cook 6-7 mins. Then flip, cooking an additional 6-7 mins. Serve immediately.

In a bowl mix together the minced garlic, black pepper, salt, cumin, and turmeric. Dip the fish in the mixture, coating both sides of the fish. Cover and refrigerate to allow spices to marinate for 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake fish on non-stick pan/dish and cover with remaining marinade. Bake for about 15-20 minutes depending on the size of the fish. When the fish meat is flaking off remove from oven. Serve with lemon juice.

I'm excited to try the fish tonight!  It should be supper yummy!

Well.. here's to gettin skinny!!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment